The Coastal Premier League (CPL) is a combined Men’s Premier competition on the Coffs and Mid-North Coasts. The competition includes teams from Taree, Port Macquarie, Kempsey, Boambee, Sawtell, Coffs Harbour and Korora. Five of the most competitive teams from NCF zone and FMNC zone have been selected to participate in the inaugural season of the CPL, which kicks off 4 July 2020.
There are ten teams competing in the inaugural season.
Coffs City United FC
Coffs Coast Tigers FC
Macleay Valley Rangers FC
Northern Storm FC
Port Saints FC
Port United FC
Sawtell Scorpions FC
Here’s what season 2020 looks like:
- Eighteen rounds of football are scheduled, meaning each side plays each other twice.
- The season will start with competition on 4/5 July 2020.
- The season will conclude on 17/18 October 2020.
- No competition will occur on the October long weekend.
- In each of July, August and September, there will be one mid-week match.
- Washouts will be declared scoreless draws.
- The season will be a premiership, in that the team placed highest on the ladder after 18 rounds will be declared the winner.
- Five substitutions will be allowed in a match (2020 only), subject to certain conditions.
- All matches in round 18 will start on the same day and time.
The rules for the competition are here: Link.
There are two changes to the published rules:
The competition administrator has stated: “The temporary adjustment to the CPL competition rules is restricted to increasing the number to five possible substitutions in First Grade for season 2020”. To clarify, for CPL in 2020, substitutions in firsts goes from three to five. This is for 2020 only. (Updated: 4 August 2020).
Reserve Grade interchange will be allowed involving no more than five substitutes, including a substitute goalkeeper in 2020 (Posted 4 August 2020).
- The CPL look and feel style guide is here: Link.
- A square version of the CPL brand mark is here: Link.
- A horizontal version of the CPL brand mark is here: Link.
- The CPL sponsorship policy and sponsor brand mark placement policy is here: Link.
- The criteria for participating in the CPL is here: Link.
- The procedure for team sheets in here: Link.
- Team sheets can be downloaded here: Firsts: Link. Reserves: Link.
- The ball for use in the CPL is here: Link.
Updated: 31 July 2020